COLLETON PREPARATORY ACADEMY TUITION ASSISTANCE
Colleton Preparatory Academy’s financial aid program is available for all enrolled, qualified students. We understand that choosing a private, independent school is a major decision and a huge financial responsibility for families and we greatly appreciate your trust in CPA to provide your child/children with their education. All financial aid awards are made on the basis of a family’s demonstrated need and are calculated without regard to race, handicap, color, religion or national origin.
Please note the following:
- A non-refundable fee of $25.00 is required to submit the Financial Aid Application.
- Financial Assistance is only allowed on K5-12th grade. Our preschool program is not eligible.
- You will be asked to supply a copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return (From 1040 with all filed schedules and attachments), your 2018 W2’s from you and your spouse and your most recent pay stub (from you and your spouse).
- An application for financial aid is considered only after the student has been accepted to CPA and has returned a completed and signed contract. Within 15 days, if you have decided that the amount awarded is not financially suitable for your family, upon notification to the business office, you may be released from a contract.
- All information relating to the financial aid application is strictly confidential. The only individuals with access to financial aid files are Board of Directors’ Financial Aid Committee.
- The deadline to apply for financial assistance for returning students is March 15th.
Once the applications are submitted and all requested forms have been received, the business office gathers the information, organizes it then submits it the Colleton Prep Board of Directors Financial Aid Committee.
They review the recommendations, availability of funds, payment history of previous years here at the academy, and each student’s academic and discipline record. The Financial Aid Committee will then decide on an amount of financial assistance to be given and notify the business office. The business office will then type up a letter along with payment information, and email it to each family. You will then have 15 days to accept, sign, date and return the letter to the business office.
Expectations of Students and Parents who Receive Financial Assistance:
- The recipient must maintain as a minimum a “B” average in order to continue to receive the financial assistance increments.
- Applicants must possess good character, be capable and responsible and demonstrate a strong desire to attend CPA.
- Families receiving financial assistance must keep a consistent payment schedule.
- Parents must complete a minimum of 20 volunteer service hours here at CPA.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to call the business office at (843) 538-8959 Ext. 110
**FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED IF ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION IS RECEIVED.
- COMPLETED APPLICATION - (Click Here to download an application)
- MOST RECENT FEDERAL TAX RETURN (FORM 1040 WITH ALL FILED SCHEDULES AND ATTACHMENTS)
- W-2 (FROM BOTH PARENTS IN THE HOUSEHOLD)
- MOST RECENT CHECK STUB (FROM BOTH PARENTS IN THE HOUSEHOLD)
- $25.00 NON-REFUNDABLE PROCESSING FEE
**Please return the above to the Colleton Preparatory Academy Business Office in a sealed envelope for processing.